- This event has passed.
Vertebrate Genome Project (VGP) / Genome 10K (G10K) Planning Meeting
January 17, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm UTC+0varies
Dear Vertebrate Genome Project consortium members,
The upcoming VGP/G10K planning meeting will be held on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at the Town & Country, San Diego as part of the 2018 Plant and Animal Genomes conference. This meeting will be open to all attendees of PAG, so please encourage your colleagues to attend.
If you are not already attending the conference, there is the possibility of registering for just one day. This is on-site option only, and costs $250. On-day registration provides access to lunch, coffee breaks, and helps cover the cost of the facilities, which they are providing us as part of their conference.
The meeting will be in the Sunset Room, and will run from 9-5 (full day).
- Please sign up to indicate when you are available to take part in our meeting, and what portions of the program you would like to help to lead/organize.
- For those of you who have been to PAG before, this meeting will be UNLIKE the standard PAG events in that there will be no schedule of talks. Instead, we will have a full day of structured conversation to assist us with planning and carrying out the Ordinal phase of the VGP.
- Topics to be covered during our all day meeting include:
- Finalizing the species list (including discussions about permitting, tissue availability, and strategy)
- Assembly and Annotation (update) Timing of publications and embargo guidelines
- Science! What projects will we focus on with the ordinal level genomes, and who will lead each component
Thanks in advance for signing up promptly so that we can get a good idea of who will be there.
— Beth and SadyeDr. Beth Shapiro
Professor, Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
Director of Evolutionary Genomics, UC Santa Cruz Genomics Institute
University of California Santa Cruz
Dr. Sadye Paez
Laboratory of Neurogenetics of Language
The Rockefeller University