What’s DNA DAY? DNA DAY is a national holiday honoring the discovery of DNA’s double helix in 1953, as well as the accomplishment of the Human Genome Project in 2003. UC Santa Cruz celebrates this special day by offering many recreational opportunities to engage in the latest advancements of genomic research and explore how this research may impact our lives.
▪ Banana Slug Genome Project
▪ Student research poster session—talk with researchers and learn about the illustrious history of the UCSC Genome Browser
▪ Extracting DNA from strawberries
▪ Student organizations– learn about their activities, services and upcoming events
▪ Genomics at the UCSC table–learn about the CBSE Research Mentoring Institute (RMI) and other campus activities and groups related to genomics
▪ Free swag—DNA temporary tattoos, stickers, etc!
Baskin Lower Courtyard between Jack Baskin Engineering and Engineering 2.