Professional Organizations for Genomics Students
What professional organizations do genomics students join when they are considered a minority?
Students pursuing a career in engineering work hard to become successful. However,
Engineers belonging to ethnic minorities may not have access to proper resources or opportunities due to their background. Because of this, professional organizations have risen to support and represent these individuals.
As a result, students gain recognition and the
The following groups aim to drive engineers of different backgrounds towards success.
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society
- Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS)
- California Alliance for Minority Participation in Science, Engineering & Mathematics
- Faculty For The Future
- National Society of Black Engineers
- NIH Working Group on Women in Biomedical Careers
- Society for Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
- Society of Mexican American Engineers and Scientists
- Society of Women Engineers
- Society of Asian Scientists and Engineers